Accrington Accrington 3rd Floor, St James Square BB5 0RE 53.7506792 -2.3691842
Steinhoff Head Office, The Globe
Steinhoff UK Retail, the parent company for Harvey’s Furniture, Bensons for Beds and Concorde Logistics, employs over 3,500 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 450 retail stores across the UK. As a Business we are expanding and opening new stores in our Quest to deliver the Best Customer Experience.
We have a Great Opportunity for a HR Manager to join the HR Team at our New Head office in Accrington. This is a New Roles and you will be Managing the HR team reporting into the HRD.
Employee Relations and Engagement:
- As an experienced HR Manager, it’s crucial that you build strong internal and external
- relations with stakeholders and earn respect and trust from day one from immediate direct reports and senior management.
- From a central base and when on site, you’ll always aim to form strong relationships with everyone: this is how you’ll ‘monitor the pulse’ of employee engagement; you understand which communication channels will be most effective to drive continuous improvement.
- You’re an expert on all HR Manager generalist matters and have previously managed teams who deliver high quality commercial ER advice to stakeholders which is in line with internal policies/procedures, good practice where possible and within the law. Where complex organisational wide change such as reorganisations, relocations, TUPE or changes to terms affecting 20 or more colleagues, you will lead projects from start to finish with confidence and clarity.
- As HR Manager you will support the business with a centralised HR model, so it’s vital that your team of direct Reports offer commercial HR solutions that compliment your wider remit ensuring a joined-up approach across brands. You will act as a coach and mentor to empower the team to challenge decisions offering practical HR advice and solutions.
Performance Management, Talent Management and Succession Planning:
- Our PDR process is in its infancy, so we need to support our management teams to fully embed the reviews ensuring that star performers are developed and grow within our business. This is how you’ll coach and influence team members, inspiring everyone to be their professional best.
- Partnering the Recruitment and L&D Managers, you’ll feed into the overall succession plan.
- Part of your role will be to support our management teams to act as coaches and mentors, and you’ll also work closely with the Learning and Development field team to support our colleagues up-skilling themselves.
Supporting the Business/HR Strategy
- Working with key-stakeholders you will support the delivery of our business strategic plan, this will include practical and commercial feedback that will help shape the future strategy.
- AS HR Manager you will shape this by putting plans and procedures into place which will change in line with business need and help shape our future.
What are we looking for:
- CIPD Qualifies to level 7
- Experience of shaping a HR Strategic plan and operational implementation across a business.
- Experience of working in a coaching and mentoring role to help develop colleagues to reach their potential.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical capabilities; you’re able to analyse Human Resources metrics, find root causes and then develop short, medium and long-term plans accordingly
- Strategic and forward thinking and autonomous decision making
- Intellectually curious; you’ll bring valuable insight to the team and business
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and positively influence others
- Possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills: you’re also able to proactively manage ambiguity
- Management of external and internal stakeholder relationships i.e. Legal department, Group Health and Safety, Group Property, HR System Providers
This is an Opportunity to join a Successful HR Team at our New Head Office in Accrington. If you have the right Qualifications and Experience, please Apply for immediate consideration
Steinhoff Head Office, The Globe