Dartford Dartford Radius House,Anchor Boulevard DA2 6QH 51.45435 0.2498003
Dartford - Head Office
As the Junior Buyer for Upholstery & Cabinet you will take ownership of your own product areas whilst supporting the Upholstery & Cabinet Buyers.
What we are looking for:
As the Product Selector, you will have an established background within homewares and Furniture with a flair and passion for product and styling. You will work well independently as well as within a team with a strong leadership and communication skills in order to support visual merchandising and retail teams. You will be creative, innovative with a highly commercial approach to drive forward the department to achieve sales targets and margin. You must be a strong negotiator and have the ability to influence those around you whilst creating strong cross functional relationships.
- Autonomy and management of product selection and range building across the total accessories department.
- Maintaining structured price architecture within the product proposition to ensure good, better, best mixes are apportioned correctly.
- Managing market observations and defining a clear product strategy
- Enhancing core furniture product ranges in accordance to the look and feel of the Harveys zonal strategy
- Management of range review and sign off presentations to be in line with core furniture departments
- Negotiation of store display discounting and markdown exit plan costs
- Margin maintenance by sub department
- Maximise sales opportunities both instore and online by showcasing of breadth of range
- Considered and educational product knowledge to be cascaded simply and effectively through to the retail team and consumer.
- To build and maintain strong internal cross functional relationships throughout the various Steinhoff UK/ China sites communicating all areas of change that impacts these departments.
- Management of service level agreements between both direct and DHD suppliers.
- Managing store, customer service and quality manager’s feedback via Supplier to ensure preventative actions are put in place.
What you will need:
- Previous Buying experience at either Junior Buyer/ Product Selector/ Assistant Buyer level
- Home/Furniture experience vital
- A passion for creative product development and understanding of required quality and compliance expectations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work within a high pressured faced paced environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexibility in regards to travel needs of the business, you will be required to travel through the UK for store visits, with possible European and Far East travel
- Full UK driving license required due to travel needs within department
Dartford - Head Office