Accrington Accrington 3rd Floor, St James Square BB5 0RE 53.7506792 -2.3691842
Head Office, Accrington
Harvey’s Furniture, Bensons for Beds employ over 3,500 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 395 retail stores across the UK. As a Business we are expanding and opening new stores in our Quest to deliver the Best Customer Experience
Now is an exciting time to join us as our Payroll Advisor. With the business growing and new opportunities, this has opened a number of exciting positions within our Payroll Team.
This role will be reporting into the Payroll Manager and you will be one of 3 Payroll Advisors.
About the Role:
- Accountability for all payroll administration, ensuring legislation is adhered to and that Employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with the production of the Groups payrolls within the UK, ensuring legislation is adhered to and that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Manager, process monthly payrolls in line with internal and external audit requirements.
- Creation of the monthly payroll BACs files, reconciling the figures and preparation for submission.
- Ensure all payroll changes processed through MY HR by employees and line managers are checked and all audit controls completed
- Respond to all pay queries from colleagues and line managers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Accurate input of new starters onto the payroll database ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Ensure all contractual & statutory amendments are entered onto the system promptly and accurately.
- To deal professionally with all pay related enquiries from all employees, line managers and external bodies.
- To respond in a timely manner to all correspondence from Government bodies.
- Maintaining payroll integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Support in the administration of Company benefits including Pension Auto Enrolment
- Process all Court Order/CSA deductions and other third-party deductions.
- Raise all advance and manual payments, ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Ensure effective management of the leaver’s process to minimise overpayments.
- Auditing all changes of employee details, verifying original documents against system generated audit reports.
- Reconciliation of payments to third parties.
- An analytical approach to any discrepancies that may arise from the payroll.
- Ensuring all Payroll deadlines are adhered to.
What we are looking for
- CIPP qualified or equivalent preferred
- Preferred experience of working within the Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years experience of working in a payroll environment
- A good grasp of UK employment legislation and its practical application
- Excellent communicator, able to provide advice and guidance to managers at all levels of the business using a confident and pragmatic manner
- Commercially focused
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self motivated
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- ‘Can do’ mentality
For further info on the Payroll Advisor, Please Click Apply
The Recruitment Team
Head Office, Accrington