Accrington Accrington 3rd Floor, St James Square BB5 0RE 53.7506792 -2.3691842
Head Office, Accrington
As the role of Furniture Buyer (either Upholstery/ Cabinet & Accessories) you will take ownership of product development according the product and supplier strategy directed by the Buying Manager.
What we are looking for
As the Buyer, you will have an established background within furniture development from design and innovation through to negotiation and sign off. You will work well independently as well as within a team with a strong leadership and communication skills in order to support visual merchandising and retail teams. You will be creative, innovative with a highly commercial approach to drive forward the furniture department to achieve sales targets and margin. You must be a strong negotiator and have the ability to influence those around you whilst creating strong cross functional relationships.
- Autonomy and management of product development and range building across the total accessories department.
- Maintaining structured price architecture within the product proposition to ensure good, better, best mixes are apportioned correctly.
- Managing market observations and defining a clear product strategy
- Enhancing core furniture product ranges in accordance to the look and feel of the Harveys zonal strategy
- Management of range review and sign off presentations to be in line with core furniture departments
- Negotiation of store display discounting and markdown exit plan costs
- Margin maintenance by sub department
- Maximise sales opportunities both instore and online by showcasing of breadth of range
- Considered and educational product knowledge to be cascaded simply and effectively through to the retail team and consumer.
- To build and maintain strong internal cross functional relationships throughout the various Steinhoff UK/ China sites communicating all areas of change that impacts these departments.
- Management of service level agreements between both direct and DHD suppliers.
- Managing store, customer service and quality manager’s feedback via Supplier to ensure preventative actions are put in place.
What you will need
- Previous Buying experience at either Junior Buyer/ Product Selector/ Assistant Buyer level
- Home Accessories experience vital
- A passion for creative product development and understanding of required quality and compliance expectations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work within a high pressured faced paced environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexibility in regards to travel needs of the business, you will be required to travel through the UK for store visits, with possible European and Far East travel
- Full UK driving license required due to travel needs within department
Please Click apply for immediate consideration
Head Office, Accrington